3 Reasons You Don’t Need A Fishing Guide - And Why You Should Hire One Anyway
1) “I was born and raised in Florida - I already know how to fish.”
- You and your buddies at work are always saying “I’d rather be fishing” - do you realize fishing guides fish for work? Hire one - they got a few more tricks to show you.
- Honey hole - if you had one you wouldn’t be reading this right now. Let a fishing guide put you on one!
- If you are used to stringing up your catch, a fishing guide will show you what those big white coolers are for.
- Come home with some “real big ones” and have an excuse to buy the same gear your bad-ass fishing guide was using!
2) “I have my own boat - I don’t need a darn guide!”
- Your dusty boat has stale gas as thick as molasses - hire a fishing guide to get your mojo back!
- Your fishing guide will be up at the crack of dawn preparing the boat, while you’re enjoying your biscuits and gravy.
- Your fishing guide will be doing all the work from sunrise to sunset - you could get used to calling another man (or woman) Captain.
- Remember you don’t have any boat cleanup - stop at the bar on your way home and tell your buddies about the big one that DIDN’T get away!
3) I’m visiting from out of state - how can hiring a fishing guide be more exciting than bowling?"
- Florida is the Fishing Capital of the World - have the game of your life in your very OWN shoes!
- You thought your airline pilot was cool - take your family out on the water with a real Captain.
- Unlike the bowling alley, a day with a fishing guide will include big action, beautiful scenery, and professional expertise!
- Your fishing guide will take pictures for you - post them on Facebook and your bowling buddies (or spouse) might just call you Captain when you get home!
What To Bring:
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses - preferably polarized.
- Bring a cooler with snacks, drinks and a lunch - but NEVER bring a banana on board!
- Bring an extra cooler to leave in the car for all the fresh fish you’re bringing home - your guide will filet your catch.
- A fully charged cell phone for taking photos of all the big ones you reeled in.
- Some cash - because you’ll want to tip your expert guide for an experience of a lifetime!
So up your game and hire a Florida fishing guide! Unlike your work buddies, Florida guides have a honey hole, guarantee big catches, and know the waters for a safe adventure. The PLAY HARD FLORIDA team has put together all the fishing guides throughout the state. You can search by location or by category such as: spearfishing, flats fishing, nearshore, offshore, fly fishing, etc. But don't take our word for it, plan a day with a guide that will include a sunrise or sunset, wind in your face, the fight of your life, and fresh fish to take home!
Photo Credit: Special thanks to Captain Jimbo & Captain Jim of Saltwater Assassin Fishing Charters of beautiful Cedar Key for providing photos of their happy clients!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and sign up for our Newsletter to learn about wild adventures that you never knew existed!